Hi! My name is Emma, and I’m a 16 year old living in the Midwest and seeking a balanced lifestyle. I’ve always loved to be in the kitchen; whether it’s baking Christmas cookies with my grandma, helping my dad chop up some veggies for dinner, or experimenting with my own recipe ideas. Here you’ll find recipes for all sorts of healthy eats and treats!
A Bit More About Me:
- I love anything dark chocolate or peanut butter. I also have a slight addiction to hummus – I ALWAYS have some in my fridge!
- My favorite workouts are my biweekly trail runs with my aunt, HIIT (especially love Christine Salus’s workouts), Pilates, and strength training from Fitness Blender. I don’t have a gym memebership and prefer to workout at home or outside, but I’d like to try some classes.
- I love to travel and hope to travel all over. I have about 200 places I want to go to on my Hitlist app, and I like to look at all the destinations when I’m bored. I recently went on a trip to New Zealand and Australia (AMAZING!) , and I have another trip planned to a different destination for next year. My favorite place to be, though, is Boulder, CO. I go there almost every summer!
- I have no idea what I want to be when I graduate. All I know is that 1) I love to create healthy recipes and photograph them 2) I love learning foreign languages 3) I don’t want to work in a cubicle and 4) I want to do something that makes me and other people happy.
- I’ve never been to Starbucks. I don’t have anything against going, I just haven’t. Also, I haven’t been to McDonald’s in about 3 years. I am against going there…
- I’m really superstitious about numbers. I like the numbers 4, 7,8, and sometimes 3. I hate the numbers 13 and especially 6. I ordered a salad from Bread Co. once and the total was $6.66, and I freaked out a little bit inside. I know, it’s weird. I can’t explain it.
- I live in a house with my mom, my dad, our dog Layla, and our cat Mara. On weekends I like to go to the farmer’s market hiking with my dad, and on monday nights you’ll always find my mom and me on the couch watching The Bachelorette.