Hey guys! Happy New Year! Even though I’m not into making huge resolutions, the new year is an exciting time to reflect and create goals that you’ve been putting off or rationalizing yourself out of setting for awhile. I thought I would share some of my goals for the upcoming year that I’ve made so far, and I’d love to hear yours too:
- I want to post more on @earthlyeats and on this blog. I feel like I’ve been a recipe slump for awhile and I’m trying to change that!
- I want to continue learning Italian on my own, and be able to speak comfortably (if any of you out there speak Italian I’d love to talk to you!)
- I want to do more volunteer work to give back to my community.
- I want to narrow down my list of colleges to apply to in the fall and do a few visits.
- I want to read more! If you didn’t see last week, I want to start #breakfastandabook where we can share what we’re eating and what we’re reading – like a foodie book club! 📚 Please join in the fun!
- I want to beat my half marathon time, and run two half marathons this year.
- I want to think of another goal because I don’t like ending on the number 6 (my number superstition is weird I know 😂)
- 3 cups frozen or fresh strawberries
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- Opt. 1-2 tbsp sweetener of choice
- 1/4 cup oat flour
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp flax + 3 tbsp water)
- 1 tbsp water
- Heat strawberries and (opt) sweetener in a covered saucepan until strawberries begin to soften.
- Add in chia seeds and heat for a few more minutes, then let cool and blend in a blender or immersion blender. Set aside
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease with coconut oil or line with parchment paper a 9×9 pan.
- Add all crust ingredients to medium bowl and mix until combined.
- Press 2/3 of the crust mixture in the pan tightly. Bake for 10 min.
- Remove from oven, and spread strawberry filling over the crust. Crumble remaining filling mixture over the top evenly.
- Bake for an additional 20-25 minutes or until roping is crisp.
- Dig in!
Don’t forget to share your photos and tag @earthlyeats!