Happy Friday! Who’s ready for the weekend?! This week has been so crazy for me, lots of fun things annnnnd not so fun things. On Halloween I went to see Troye Sivan with my two friends and it was SO FUN! I’ve been listening to Blue Neighborhood nonstop this week because hearing it live rekindled my obsession haha. For real, though, it’s such a good album and you can listen to it for free on Spotify!
Here are my Top 10 Songs this week:
- Heaven by Troye Sivan
- Fun by Troye Sivan
- Morning in America by Jon Bellion
- Eyes Shut by Years & Years
- Happy Little Pill by Troye Sivan
- Bridges by Broods
- Suburbia by Troye Sivan
- Take the World by Storm by Lukas Graham
- DKLA by Troye Sivan
- Good Grief by Bastille
(If you have any song suggestions PLEASE comment below or on Instagram – I’m always looking for new tunes!)
Then I had a bunch of presentations and tests that were pretty stressful, but that’s over now 🙂 I hung out with a friend after school yesterday, and then ran the Skippo 10k trail race with my aunt today – so life’s pretty good all in all!
Enough about me – What was the highlight of your week?
Also, I’ve been thinking about starting to make YouTube videos regularly. I feel like I’ve been a bit uninspired lately and looking to find new creative outlets. I want to of course share recipes, but also do some sketches, lifestyle videos, or vlogs – what do you think? I could even do some in French or *maybe* Spanish. What kinds of videos would you like to see?
Now – time for the recipe! These bars make a great running-out-of-the-door-at-6am breakfast, yummy snack, or a healthy dessert alternative. This recipe was originally going to be another banana bread recipe but I couldn’t find my loaf pan, so I used a 9×9, and it worked! It just goes to show that sometimes great things come out of improvising 👍
- 3 mashed bananas
- 1/3 cup Greek yogurt*
- 2 eggs**
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp vanillla
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 1/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch salt
- Opt. Pumpkin seeds and Chocolate chips for sprinkling on top
*can sub for coconut yogurt for vegan
**can sub for flax or chia egg for vegan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a 9×9 baking pan with parchment paper or nonstick spray.
- Mix together mashed bananas, Greek yogurt, eggs, olive oil, vanilla, and coconut sugar until smooth and combined.
- Add in whole wheat pastry flour, oat flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix until combined (be careful to not overmix)
- Pour batter into your 9×9 pan, then (opt) sprinkle chocolate chips and pumpkin seeds on top.
- Bake for 30 min and enjoy!
Share your photos and recipes with me —
TWITTER: earthlyeats Emma