October is here and with it; the necessity to eat as much pumpkin spiced foods as possible. Unless that’s not your thing, but, like, how?
Obviously, the first pumpkin recipe of the season couldn’t be just pumpkin spice, because then I would be feeling a bit too #basic – so I added some dark chocolate chips to this deeeeelicious bread because I’m #classy duh. (But really just obsessed with chocolate)
This recipe makes two loaves, so it’s a perfect recipe to make for a family gathering or, you know, just for yourself 😎. This recipe is also easily modified to be vegan, and I’ll include the modifications below.
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1 container coconut yogurt (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 eggs (or 2 flax eggs)
- 1 can pure pumpkin purée
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips (dairy free, such as enjoy life chips, for vegan)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F
- Sift together dry ingredients; flour, salt, spices, baking powder, baking soda.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together coconut yogurt melted coconut oil, egg, coconut sugar, and pumpkin purée until smooth (must add coconut oil last and stir immediately to prevent it from solidifying)
- Mix wet ingredients into the dry ingredient mixture, as well as stirring in dark chocolate chips.
- Divide batter into two oiled/lined loaf pans, then bake for 50-60 minutes, or until firm in the center.
Recipe adapted from: OnceUponAChef
Share your photos with me!