Hi friends! I’m sorry that I haven’t been posting as much as usual – it just seems like every time I think I have a break something else comes up or I’m just too darn tired. But, I’m working on making a blog post schedule so I can stay consistent (I really like writing these posts and I hope you like reading them!). I was thinking about doing “Recipe Sunday” and a “My Thoughts Thursday”, so that earthlyeats can OF COURSE still be about healthy eating and recipes, but I can also expand to talk about overall wellness.
Speaking of wellness…PROSPURLY was kind enough to send me one of their amazing boxes to try out. Here’s a look inside:
- Prospurly Botanical Love Notes: These are the cutest little cards! There are simple drawings of herbs like lavender and chamomile on the front- they would be perfect vessel for a note to a loved one or a friend, just because 🙂
- Seva Amazon Rainforest Body Oil: I’ve never used body oil before, but I’m really excited to try this on a pampering day. This blend includes Baobab Oil, Jojoba Oil, and Argan Oil, and some of the profits go towards helping to save the Yasmin National Park in Ecuador (part of the Amazon Rainforest). If that’s ~earthly~ then I don’t know what is!
- Cedar Atlas Jojoba Oil Roll-On: Again, I’m not really familiar with essential oils, but this says that Cedar Atlas is calming and Jojoba Oil makes your skin softer so I’m down 💃🏻
- Foxes & Ferns Lavender Love Beeswax Candle: As a person who can spend an hour in a Yankee Candle smelling all the smells, I can say that this candle smells realllll good. It’s also made with ethically sourced beeswax and organic lavender buds if the amazing smell wasn’t enough for ya
- Foxes and Ferns Organic Bath Tea: I love tea any way, anytime, and anywhere, so this is the stuff of my dreams! A warm bath with some of this Lavender and Epsom Salt mixture sounds like a pretty great weekend treat!
- Healthforce Nutritionals Spirulina Manna: This was the only product I wasn’t super thrilled about. I’ve heard a lot of great things about spirulina, but I usually like to research and choose my own supplements and brands.
- Angel Face Botanicals Grace Toner: I’m actually planning on using this tonight after I take a shower because it’s says that it protects skin, and my face is starting to get more sensitive now that fall is beginning. I’ll let you know how it goes!
- GoMacro Cashew Caramel Superfoods Bar: It took all my strength to wait to eat this so I would take photos. ‘Nuff said.
Thanks again prospurly! Make sure to follow them on the ‘gram: @prospurly
Now for the recipe! If you follow me on Snapchat (which you should 😉 – it’s earthlyeats) you probably already saw this recipe! But I liked how it turned out so much I knew I had to share it here 🙂
- 10-12 medjool dates
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 cup peanuts
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups amazing grass Chocolate Protein Superfood or protein powder of choice
- 3-4 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1-2 Tbsp hemp hearts
- Pinch of salt
- 2-4 Tbsp water if needed
- Opt: 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- Soak dates, almonds, and peanuts for 10-15 minutes in hot water. Then drain and add to high speed blender or food processor.
- Blend the dates, almonds, peanuts, cocoa powder, protein powder, oats, hemp hearts, salt, and a few Tbsp water if needed until a malleable dough forms.
- Transfer to a bowl and stir in dark chocolate chips if desired, then shape into snack-size balls and enjoy!
Share your photos with me!