Hi friends! Shirley Bar Living was kind enough to send me a jar of their Ethiopian Tahini to try out. And, what do you think I made with it, HUMMUS OF COURSE! 😍 (I’m either eating hummus or chocolate at any point in the day so this shouldn’t be too much of a shock haha). Also, red pepper hummus is my absolute FAVORITE type of hummus. That smoky sweet flavor is the stuff dreams are made of man. For all you OG hummus fans, don’t worry, all hummuses (hummusi?) have a special place in my heart!
Hummus is great to make ahead and use as a sip for crackers or veggies, spread on a sandwich, or eat by the spoonful (wait, is this by normal? 😉). This recipe is easy to put together, and is also vegan!
Before I get to the recipe, I just wanted to talk briefly about my first day back at school today. For those of you that didn’t know, I’m a junior in high school. And let me tell you, when people say junior year is the hardest, they are NOT joking. (Sidenote: if anyone here has gone through the IB diploma program, any advice is very much appreciated!) But, I’m actually really excited to tackle some hard courses this year and be one step closer to graduation. Although I’m already missing summer vacation HARDCORE…
To the recipe!
- 1 1/2 cans rinsed and drained chickpeas
- 1/2 cup roasted red pepper (you can find them in a jar at most grocery stores)
- 1/4 cup Shirley Bar Living Ethiopian Tahini
- Juice of 1 medium lemon
- ~1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2-1 tsp salt (to taste)
- In a food processor or blender, blend the tahini and lemon juice for a few seconds. This step is very important because the lemon juice changes the texture of the tahini.
- Then, add the rest of your ingredients (chickpeas, roasted peppers, spices, salt) and pulse until smooth.
- You’re done! How easy was that?! Now enjoy your hummus – you deserve it!
As always, I LOVE to see your photos and talk with all of you!
Find me in these places ⬇️
(You can also find my email in the ‘Contact’ page!)