What’s better than ice cream on a hot summer day? How about vegan ice cream that only needs 5 ingredients, doesn’t require an ice cream maker, and is sweetened purely with dates. Ummm, I’d say that’s #winning #haveyouricecreamandeatittoo
You know what’s really great on this ice cream? CHOCOLATE. But if you’re not into that I totally understand (okay not really but we can still be friends I guess). Also, I tried this with some fresh-picked peaches from Eckerts Farm and omygoodnessssssss it was so good! It was super fun to pick peaches and blackberries with my friends too! (Although it was VERY hot)
5-Ingredient Vegan Ice Cream
no-churn, refined sugar-free, vegan
- 1 can light coconut milk (or full fat if you prefer)
- 3/4 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup medjool dates
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Soak cashews overnight, at least 4 hours, or in hot water for at least 2 hours.
- Soak dates in hot water for 30 minutes.
- Add soaked cashews, soaked dates, light coconut milk, vanilla extract, and salt to a high-speed blender or food processor. Blend/pulse until creamy and no chunks of cashews are present (this may take up to 5 minutes, but be patient, I promise it will be delicious!)
- Line a loaf pan with plastic wrap and pour ice cream mixture into the pan. Place in the freezer and mix the ice cream every 1-2 hours until desired consistency is reached (4-6 hours).
- Serve right away or transfer to an airtight container to store in the freezer (if you are planning to eat later, let the ice cream sit out for 10 minutes before serving to soften up).
- Enjoy your deliciously guilt-free ice cream! (But you really should never feel guilty for eating ice cream!)
Share your creations and recreations with me by tagging @earthlyeats on Instagram, tweeting me on Twitter @earthlyeatsemma, snapping me on Snapchat 👻 earthlyeats, or pinning me(?) @earthlyeats on Pinterest! ✨