Hey everyone, hope you’re having a great weekend! Honestly, I’m having some trouble with writers block and have been sitting here, contemplating how to begin this post (that I should’ve written yesterday…) for a long time. So, I figured I would just dive right into the recipe, which actually came to be because of another recipe which had you make two times the amount of date caramel that’s required for the recipe (weird right?).
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup almond flour (I used almond pro)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
The Caramel (adapted from detoxinista) :
- 7-8 dates (soaked)
- 1/2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- Pinch salt
- 2-3 tbsp water (if needed)
- First, blend all the ingredients for the date caramel in a food processor or blender until a smooth paste is formed. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Mix together the almond butter, egg, sugar, and vanilla until combined.
- Then add in the almond flour, salt, and baking soda and mix until a dough is formed.
- Shape Tablespoon-sized discs with the dough, then put teaspoon sized dot of date caramel in the center.
- Shape the dough around the date caramel, making sure there are no openings, and roll into a ball.
- On a greased baking sheet, place the cookie dough balls and flatten slightly with the palm of your hand or a fork.
- Optional: sprinkle with flaky sea salt
- Bake the cookies for 14-17 minutes and enjoy!