Hey everyone! I’m back home in St. Louis and it’s SO HOT OUTSIDE, I’m really missing those cool Colorado evenings (but not as much as I miss my aunt). Anyways, I can’t just give up my beloved oats because it’s a bit warm outside, so overnight oats seemed like the perfect solution. Peach Pie Overnight Oats, because, well, peaches are absolutely scrumptious this time of year!
Overnight oats are especially great for on-the-go because you prepare them the night before and they’re breakfast-ready in the morning! Plus, these are totally vegan for my vegan friends 🙂
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or plant milk of choice)
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup plain coconut yogurt (or yogurt of choice)
- 1 diced peach
- 1 tbsp chopped walnuts or pecans (I prefer walnuts)
- 1/2 tbsp chia
- 1/2 tbsp ground flax
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon (opt)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (opt)
- Place all ingredients in a mason jar or another sealed container and mix together. Leave in the refrigerator overnight or at least 4 hours, then eat your delicious breakfast!
*sidenote: You may want to add a few teaspoons of sweetener if you use plain Greek yogurt, and you can always add some to your taste.
As always, I’d love to see your foodie photos and connect with you!
P.S. What does everyone think about the new Instagram stories feature? Yay or nay?
For me, I’m not sure yet. It seems a lot like snapchat without the awesome filters.