Chocolate Chip Cookies or Brownies? I’ll take both!
Sorry it has taken me SO LONG to post this recipe. I really did mean to post it earlier, but I’m visiting my aunt in Colorado and we went hiking Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Needless to say, I was EXHAUSTED every night and kept putting this off (@procrastinationqueen). Also, if any of you guys know any great hiking spots around Boulder or cool places to eat let me know!
This recipe is actually a modification of my 8-Ingredient Brownie Recipe, which you can find the recipe for om my Instagram. The secret to these brownies is beans! Black beans are the base of the brownie batter and chickpeas are the base of the chocolate chip cookie batter. This keeps these Chocolate Chip Cookie Brownie Swirls and adds a punch of plantbased protein and fiber! The added sugar is also kept low, which is always a plus 😀
Chocolate Chip Brownie Swirls
- 1 can black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 2 RIPE bananas
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 2 Tbsp coconut flour
- 1 egg
- Opt. 2 Tbsp liquid sweetener
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
Chocolate Chip Cookie Batter
- 1 can chickpeas (rinsed and drained)
- 1 egg
- 3-4 Tbsp liquid sweetener
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4-1/3 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F and spray a 15×10 rectangular baking dish (or any size you have, baking times will vary though)
- In a food processor or blender, blend all brownie batter ingredients except the chcocolate chips until smooth. Transfer to a bowl and stir in chocolate chips.
- With a clean food processor or blender, blend all chocolate chip cookie batter ingredients except chocolate chips. Transfer to a separate bowl and mix in chocolate chips.
- In your baking dish, add dots of brownie batter and chocolate chip cookie batter until the dish is filled. Then, with a toothpick, swirl the different batters together to give the chocolate chip brownie swirls a marbled look.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes or until the center is cooked through.
If you like this recipe, let me know! And if you make it, be sure to tag @earthlyeats in your photos 🙂 Have a great Sunday!