So this posting everyday thing…I am obviously not succeeding at….YET.
To quote a song my 8th grade cousin’s band The Epic Quadricorns played at a competition last night (btw they rocked and got 2nd place!) : “Don’t stop believin’!” And that’s what I’m going to do, continue belieiving I can post something everyday for this month. I did look at the suggestions for recipes, and I promise I’m working on the recipes. I just want them to be really great for you guys, ya know?
Make sure you check in TOMORROW for a giveaway! (cue the confetti) I’m partnering with one of my favorite local businesses that I actually discovered at the farmer’s market a few weeks ago – so cool! You guys will absolutely love their products and I can’t hardly wait for the giveaway to launch 🙂
One more thing before I get to the recipe – right now I’m waiting on Sweet Potato Tempeh Burgers with the recipe from thenutritiousprincess and I’m so excited to try them! I can smell them now and my mouth is WATERING. You should definitely give Sarah a follow on Insta to see allll her amazing food pics (@thenutritiousprincess) and check out her blog as well 🙂
Alright, finally to the recipe; the secret to crunchy granola without adding a ton of oil is one simple ingredient: an egg white. This may sound crazy, but trust me, it works!
Vanilla Crunch Granola
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 3 Tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 Tbsp each chia, hemp hearts, and ground flax (or in any combo you want)
- 2 Tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 egg white
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Pinch salt
- Opt. (but recommended) 1/3 cup nuts or seeds of choice
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F
- Mix all the ingredients together, spread out evenly ona baking sheet, and place in the oven.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, stirring every 10-15 minutes. Baking time may vary depending on your oven, so make sure you continue to check on the granola. It should be crunchy and have some golden brown parts when it is finished.
Check out my Instagram (@earthlyeats) to see how I made the smoothie I topped this yummy granola with! 🙂