So…I know I said I would post this yesterday…
But I fell asleep about halfway through an episode of Masterchef (Yes, I’m that person who is more immersed in the drama of cooking shows than PLL). Of course, I still want to share with you a few of my FAVORITE easy, portable snacks. These are great to make ahead of time and have on-hand for the days you don’t have time to make yourself a hearty slice of avo toast or a dazzling smoothie bowl. Plus, these are ALL vegan, as long as you use dairy-free chocolate chips!
Without further or do, let’s get started!
#1 Banana-Oat Cookies
These cookies are about as easy as it gets, and once you’ve made them once, don’t even really need measurement anymore! Also, you can add basically any mix-ins you want! My go-to is always dark chocolate chips beacause, you know, it’s dark chocolate 🙂
(P.S. The hand in the picture is not mine, it’s actually my friend who likes to consider herself the official ‘hand-model’ for earthlyeats #modelcreds haha)
- 3 mashed RIPE bananas
- 1 1/2-2 cups rolled oats (depends on size of bananas)
- 2 Tbsp nut/seed butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2-1 tsp cinnamon
- Opt. Chocolate chips (but are they really optional?)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (~175 C)and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or nonstick spray.
- Mix all ingredients in a medium sized bowl, then place tablespoon size cookies on your baking sheet. Bake for 8-13 minutes, or until golden brown around the edges.
#2 Baked Tortilla ChipsSo, this one, again, doesn’t really require a recipe after awhile and is super easy to make!
I like to make these in big batches and keep them to snack on with hummus, salsa, or guacamole throughout the week!
- Whole wheat tortilla(s)
- Olive oil spray or a few teaspons olive oil
- Sea salt
- Preheat oven to 325 F (160 C)
- Cut your tortilla(s) into chip-sized pieces (for a standard-size tortilla, I got 16 chips per tortilla)
- Spray a baking sheet with olive oil spray or brush with olive oil, then place chips in one layer on the baking sheet. Spray or brush the chips with oilve oil, then sprinkle with sea salt.
- Bake chips for 20-25 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes, until golden brown.
- Let cool and enjoy!
#3 Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Energy Balls
This one’s an oldie but a goodie and I just keep going back to it. For a more protein-packed snack, I like to replace some of the oat flour with protein powder!
- 1 cup oat flour (or replace some of this with protein powder)
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup soaked pitted dates
- 1/4-1/3 cup peanut butter (or nut/seed butter of choice)
- 4-6 Tbsp of water (add just enough for the dough to come together)
- Chocolate chips
- Blend everything except the chocolate chips in a high-speed blender or food processor until a dough comes together.
- Mix in the chocolate chips and roll into bite-sized balls.
- Best stored in the refrigerator.
I hope you enjoyed some of my favorite, on-the-go, healthy snacks! If you have any recipe requests, leave a comment here, on my Instagram @earthlyeats, or Snapchat me (username: earthlyeats) 🙂