Hey guys! (and gals!) You may have noticed that I stopped posting on my blog, and that was because the editor I was using was NOT user friendly. So, I decided to get a new program and now I’m challenging myself to 30 days of new posts EVERYDAY! Kind of like a small-scale Julie & Julia, ya know? (If you haven’t seen this movie I highly recommend it!)
Now, for the important part; these Birthday Cake Protein Bars are sooo good, and so easy to make! Here, I’m using vanilla Pescience protein powder, but this will work with most whey proteins. I’m also going to try this recipe out using my favorite Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein and Greens powder by Amazing Grass because that’s the flavor my birthday cake would be haha 🙂 I’ll let you know how it turns out! Also, you can use the coupon code EMMA16 at checkout to get 40% off your Amazing Grass order (you also have to make an account but it’s super easy, just like these protein bars!)
This recipe is also really versatile; you can use a different kind of milk if you don’t have almond milk, you can use any nut or seed butter, you can use pretty much any flavor protein powder (although I recommend adding a sweetener if you are using an unflavored protein powder), and you can mix in any toppings you want! It is your birthday you know….well….your birthday cake protein bars. Same thing.
Birthday Cake Protein Bars
- 2 scoops vanilla protein powder
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 Tbsp almond butter
- 1/3 cup almond milk (you may need to add 1-2 Tbsp more depending on the protein powder you’re using)
- Rainbow sprinkles (as many as you want!)
- Line a 9×9 baking pan with parchment paper. This recipe will fill about half of a 9×9 dish (or 4 bars). If you want to fill the entire pan or make 8 bars, just double this recipe.
- Mix everything except for the sprinkles in a medium size bowl until a dough forms. Then, mix in the sprinkles and press into the pan. Cut into 4 bars and store in the fridge. Enjoy!
Let me know if you make these by tagging me (@earthlyeats) in your photo on Instgram or by Snapchatting me > earthlyeats